As I stated in my last communication, we are now in a position to reopen the Tennis Club in a limited way and begin organising club nights again from Thursday 11th June 2020.
Club nights and Sunday mornings will operate in the following format, whilst the current restrictions on public gatherings are in place. Only six people will be able to attend at any one time, in order to accommodate more players each club night/morning will be divided into two sessions
- 6:25 – 7:55 and 8:05 to 9:35
- 9:00 – 10:30 and 10:40 to 12:10
- Club play sessions will be on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings and Sunday morning
- To ensure players do not have to be turned away we will be operating a ‘booking system’. We have created a ‘WhatsApp’ Group, if you wish to play please indicate your preferred days and time and I will co-ordinate it, if your chosen session is full I will allocate you to the next available slot. https://chat.whatsapp.com/F032xJNBHnuCMAmjtG8iZv
- All sets will be first to 4 killer deuce games
- Balls will be provided for club play sessions
- Please bring hand sanitiser with you and use it before and after each set.
Now that we have reopened the club, we must ask that everyone pays their membership fees. Due to the shortened playing season and the lack of league tennis the committee has decided to offer this year’s membership at a reduced rate. We hope that this incentive will encourage you all to re-join as we need your support and financial contributions if the club is to survive.
Single - £100
Single OAP - £ 63
Intermediate - £51
Family - £204
Junior - £27
Payment of methods:
- Cheques can be made payable to ‘Etching Hill Tennis Club’. Please leave in the letterbox.
- Email: email@example.com for electronic payment details.
Please do not bring cash to pay your membership.
Below is a summary of the LTA Guidance for Tennis Players; the full document can be found:
- Wash your hands with soap and water before leaving home to go to the court (or use an alcohol gel if washing hands is not possible)
- Allow others to leave before you enter the court - if you need to wait then do so away from the courts and clear of the gates
- Avoid congregating on or around the court after playing to allow access for others
- Other than where players are from the same household: Stay at least two metres away from other players (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play)
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five)
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
- For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court
- Use your own equipment where possible. Equipment such as rackets can be shared, but where this happens ensure thorough cleaning before and after use. Players should not share items such as towels.
- Only take the minimum amount of equipment with you that you need to play
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles before and after use
- Bring a full water bottle, and do not share food or drink with others
- If you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required).
- The club house and bar will remain closed until further notice, please do not enter it for any reason, including using the toilets or using the floodlights.
Etching Hill Tennis Club
LTA COVID-19 Guidance
Welcome to Etching Hill Tennis Club
Hello and welcome to Etching Hill Tennis Club.
You will undoubtedly enjoy what we have to offer you at Etching Hill whether it be playing tennis or socially. It's a wonderful sport that you can enjoy both competitively and socially and I'll encourage anyone that wishes to take part. If I am not playing I love to watch others enjoying the game, the laughs and the comments, the gasps of amazement at some difficult shots or the moans and groans of disbelief at a fluky shot. It's a sport for everyone whether you're a beginner or otherwise, and it's one of the few sports where all of the family can take part.
We pride ourselves on offering excellent facilities for members with two all weather courts and a court with an acrylic playing surface (the type used in many major competitions), a clubhouse containing changing rooms, a recently refurbished bar with full amenities plus a games room and conservatory. Our aim is to encourage all players regardless of ability whether it is competitive tennis or just social. If it's competitive tennis you are interested in, we have 4 men's, 3 ladies and 4 mixed teams in the Wilson Staffordshire Lawn Tennis League and the Burton Area League. Coaching facilities are available for those who wish to improve their game (see Coaching facilities). Etching Hill Tennis Club was officially opened on Saturday 26th July 1952. An exhibition match took place between Miss Kay Tuckey who at the time was a No.2 Wightman Cup Player and Flo Judy Wallis an RAF champion and Wimbledon player. After this event a Carnival Dance was held in the VillageHall, which is adjacent to the clubhouse.
Situated in a pleasant location on the outskirts of Rugeley, the Club is extremely well supported with approximately 50 adult playing members and 50 junior and primary members. In addition to the playing members we have a strong social membership in excess of 60 members who contribute considerably to the running of the club. There is a cribbage team that play in a league on Tuesday evenings, and through the winter months there is atable tennis and pool competition. All visitors are welcome and members are reminded to bring along their friends and relations to the many social and sporting events held throughout the year. Keep an eye on the notice board for forthcoming events.
Past Club Chairman
Partner Agency in providing Tennis Balls and Equiptment: (Click on Link) Tennis Balls_